May 13, 2009

Mustache May 'stache of the Day: Dennis Leonard

Thanks to the continued support of the American Mustache Institute, it is with great pleasure that I continue our month long celebration of the 'stache with Morgan Spurlock lookalike Dennis Leonard.
I promise to you I am not looking solely at the 1981 Topps collection...but for some reason, they are really jumping out at me.

AMI Style: Leonard wore the best horsehoe in baseball for a long, long time.

Grade: A+
Like I previously stated, Leonard's horseshoe was one of the games best for a long, long time.

Combined with his huge 'burns and that goofy smile and you have a recipe for greatness.

One of the league's most dominating pitchers over his brief career...I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that we might have been looking at a potential 225-250 game winner had Leonard's knees not failed him.


A special thanks to
checkoutmycards.com for the use of their images.

1 comment:

E said...

I think he much rather prefers his second career of writing and starring in such films as Superbad and Pineapple Express than the $1500 a week he made playing baseball.