July 15, 2009

I like to call it "The Other Home Run Derby"

Typically, the Frontier League All-Star Game (much less its Home Run Derby) makes news here at The Hall, but when I am there...I am obligated to care.

Last night, after a White Sox-Cubs Legends Game (a big thanks to those who took the time to chat with me about The Hall...you know who you are), a group of guys I've never heard of from teams I've never cared about previously put on a show for the fans and, frankly, converted me to be one as well.

One guy in particular, Southern Illinois Miner Brad Miller, was the most impressive...a towering shot off the scoreboard, long flies into the Rockford night and homers at a blistering pace set the tone.

Read a re-cap from over at Our Sports Central
HERE and see what Miller's local fishwrap, the Marion Daily, had to say HERE.


BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: