March 2, 2010

Twitter Tuesday...March 2, 2010

After a brief hiatus, Twitter Tuesday is back in full force. I'd like to compare this return to that of Jay Leno and The Tonight Show, but never once did I screw Conan O'Brien out of his gig.

Although I probably should...my guess is that it pays better.



It would have been really easy to have Olympic hockey dominate the Chatter, but spring training is in full force...spring training it is!

CraigBreslow (Craig Breslow): I am very excited for the season to start and am looking forward to playing with Ben Sheets

str8edgeracer (CJ Wilson): we had our first int. squad today- got to pitch an inning. cutter was cutting too much, sinker was sinking too much! need to tone it down

GrillCheese49 (Jason Grilli): Ahhh the sounds os spring - mitts popping, cleats on pavement, & laughter. Good session today off mound facing hitters.

HOFJoeMorgan (Joe Morgan): Chapman has looked good in Spring Training. If he looks this good during the season then he will be successful

Maholm28 (Paul Maholm): Good day at the park now off to the golf course for a relaxing round

hyphen18 (Ryan Rowland-Smith): Am I seriously eating at outback steakhouse right now?Might have to put on a fake american accent so I don't look like a major tool!




Remember when Miley Cyrus stopped tweeting and the world didn't know what to do with itself? Worry no more, kids...Ozzie Guillen has joined on to fill the void.

And this is what you had to say about it.

MJH_79: I wonder how long it will take Ozzie Guillen to tweet something that gets his ass in trouble?

MRVEGAS1234: If Ozzie Guillen is tweeting...it's time for me to check out this new phenonomon. Let the fun begin!!!!

neilcarrier: Ozzie Guillen has almost 30,000 followers in a week. Like everyone, I'm also waiting for his profanity laced rant towards Alex Rios.

petervader: Oh my god Ozzie is hilarious. I love the sport already but it's another 100 percent more interesting with Guillen around

watsonitis: Ozzie Guillen is not following a single person on Twitter. I have a feeling it is because he cannot read.

Roarinatyou: Ozzie Guillen's tweets is worth having twitter for

NorthstarBball: I mean, I have nothing against Ozzie Guillen and I actually find him quite comical...but my goodness he's bad with Twitter

tstafford: Dear Ozzie Guillen: Twitter is not for everybody.




Ozzie Guillen is fun to follow and all, but let's not forget the original big league skipper to hit Twitter.

TommyLasorda: Jose Vizciano and Mariano Duncan. Dos jugadores excellente y dos amigos bueno.

I'm not sure what all that means, but somewhere...Jose Offerman just kicked a catcher in the chest for not being included.



Last week, The Hall announced its partnership with Padres infielder Matt Antonelli. This week...I'm recommending you follow him over on Twitter.

Seriously, if you're looking for someone to clue you in on the nuts and bolts of spring training...Matt's your guy!

Have someone you think everyone should follow? Perhaps you yourself have read some interesting tweets in the past week…drop me a line or leave a comment below. See you next Tuesday!


BallHype: hype it up!

No comments: