Faithful followers of this site know that the "Weird Al" baseball, Gar Ryness (aka "Batting Stance Guy" is a good friend of The Hall and, wait...given Gar's recent successes, should we be calling Yankovic the "Batting Stance Guy of Pop Music"?
Either way...here's The Batting Stance Guy's five favorite "Weird Al" parodies.
1. "Taco Grande" (parody of "Rico Suave" by Gerardo)
2. "Yoda" (parody "Lola" by the Kinks)
3. "My Bologna" (parody of "My Sharona" by The Knack)
4. "(This Song's Just) Six Words Long" (parody of "Got My Mind Set on You" by George Harrison)
5. "The Brady Bunch" (parody of "The Safety Dance" by Men Without Hats)
"It's tough to rank the polka medleys on each album," Ryness added. "My Bologna gets in because how groundbreaking the burp was for my understanding of unexpected comedy."
After the show Thursday night, my friend "Foodstamp" Davis posted the following on Facebook:
If you get a chance to see weird al, regardless of your opinion of him now, do it. DO IT!
Honestly, he couldn't be more right. I was able to bring five people with me that had never seen the Grammy winning parodist in concert and too say that they were blown away following the two-plus hour set would be an understatement.
And, yeah, I know "Weird Al" has absolutely nothing to do with baseball, but still, I've gotta know...what's your favorite of his work?