March 4, 2011

"Doc" Gooden Heading to "Rehab"

My guess is that it has something to do with me spending most of my week two thousand miles from the home office...but how did I miss this?

Sure, it was first reported by TMZ...but I prefer to steal from the fine folks over at The Last Angry Fan.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. The lineup for the next installment of Dr. Drew Pinsky’s Celebrity Rehab has been announced, and none other than one-time Mets ace Dwight Gooden heads the list of “celebs” seeking treatment on the VH1 reality show.

Gooden’s troubles with drugs is well chronicled, starting with a positive test for cocaine during spring training 1987, another positive test for cocaine in 1994, all the way up to last March, when he was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident and found to be under the influence of drugs. Complicating the situation was the fact that Gooden had his 5-year-old son in the car at the time.

I'm probably not going to watch the show as, honestly, the thing would be heartbreaking given "Doc" was one of my favorite players growing up.

Another thing I'm probably not going to do...end this post with some hackneyed Charlie Sheen reference.  I get it, internets...the dude is out there and you're clever to try and link EVERYTHING you write to him.

But, wait, nevermind...PONG!


No comments: