April 18, 2011

Jamie Moyer to Start Throwing May 1

I'm not going to pretend to know how long it takes to come back from Tommy John surgery since I've not really read that much on the subject.

That said, I'm pretty sure that 48-year-old Jamie Moyer shouldn't be preparing to throw a ball around the yard.

Yet that's exactly what the pitcher says he is planning on doing:

Hope everyone is enjoying their spring. The baseball season has begun - for some it’s been exciting & others it's been a let down so far. Everyone should keep their hopes up, it's a long season. The ESPN gig has been exciting for me. A lot to learn in a new profession. Rehab is going well & I anticipate starting to throw May 1st. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I'm a gigantic fan of Moyer's and I hope that he comes back and pitches into his fifties...I just hope his desire to return doesn't ruin his chances.

If you recall, Moyer had Tommy John surgery back in December after injuring his elbow pitching in the Dominican Winter League.


2 comments:

Jaimee said...

Jamie Moyer is amazing.
He should get more credit.

ajlounyinjurylaw said...

Have faith my friend, it will be all good.