April 11, 2011

Pedro Martinez Says He's Ready

Stop me if you've heard this one before...Pedro Martinez wants to come back and pitch. 

Again.

And according to the New York Times...dude is ready.

"I'm in shape right now and I'm training and I'm playing catch," Martinez said, "so getting to full strength would probably take me a month, month and a half, to be on a mound."

When asked who he'd like to play for, Martinez was quick with a response.

"I'd probably have to say the Red Sox. I would like to win a World Series in the National League, so the Phillies are in there, too. But for the time I'm going to be playing, I think Boston is more suitable so that I can retire with the Boston Red Sox and go to the Hall of Fame with the same hat."

As it stands, Martinez would be on the 2015 ballot and at first glance...the thing is packed.

So, yeah, come on back, Pedro. Throw an inning or two in a Red Sox cap and get your name on that 2017 ballot.

Or better yet...keep your legacy in tact.  Pack up your .687 winning percentage, sub-3.00 ERA, three Cy Young Awards and status as a Boston legend and reserve a hotel in Cooperstown for July 2015.  There's nothing more for you to prove.


2 comments:

David Allan said...

Don't call it a comeback, he's been here for years!!

Jesus Melendez said...

Rockin' his peers...puttin' suckas in fear?