August 20, 2011

Chipper Jones is Coming Back, Gang!

Hey Atlanta Braves fans...don't book your July 2017 trips to Cooperstown just yet...Chipper ain't done.

According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Chipper Jones is playing in 2012.

“I’m playing next year,” the 1999 National League MVP said Friday. “I still feel like I can go out there and play a good third base and be a threat, at least, at the plate."

Two hours later, he hit a home run for the second night in a row.

With 448 home runs, Jones is adding to career numbers that have already earned him the distinction of being the only switch hitter in Major League Baseball history to have a .300-plus batting average, 400 bombs and 1500 RBI.

“I take a lot of pride in those numbers,” Jones said. “Those are awfully big numbers over an 18-year career. But that’s not what drives me. I want to punctuate my career helping these guys win a championship.”


No comments: