August 26, 2011

Friday 5: CM Punk

If you follow enough baseball players on the Twitters, you'll find that a number of them are either fans of pro wrestling...or want to be pro wrestlers.

That said, to find a pro wrestler that is a fan of baseball might be harder to do.

Recently, Chicago Sun-Times reporter Joe Cowley caught up with WWE Superstar (and Chicago native), CM Punk and talked to him about his beloved Cubs.

Enjoy!

COWLEY: Tell me about these dirty-looking Cubs hats I hear you’re always wearing.

CM PUNK: I’ve lost a few, and a couple have simply disintegrated. I had one that I wore so long that when I washed it, well, it simply turned to dust.

COWLEY: You always talk about what’s ‘‘good for business.’’ What’s good for Cubs business at this point?

CM PUNK: They removed (Jim) Hendry. That was a step in the right direction. It’s a good team...we just make stupid decisions. As far as GM, hmmm...they should offer me the job. I could be a reliever, too. We’re in discussions.

COWLEY: Did you bother rooting for the Sox in 2005?

CM PUNK: Couldn’t bring myself to do it. And the Game 4 clincher (against the Houston Astros) was on my birthday. A.J. (Pierzynski) reminds me of that all the time.

COWLEY: A.J. has been in the ring and has a belt. Any chance...

CM PUNK:  Pierzynski? He does have a belt, but I have championship titles. He’s not in my league.

COWLEY: Best wrestling entrance of all-time?

CM PUNK: Undertaker’s, easily.

You can read the rest of Cowley's interview with the WWE Superstar by checking out the Chicago Sun-Times online.  Oh, and I get what Punk is saying about Undertaker's entrance...but dude's entrance at Money in the Bank last month was pretty epic.


No comments: