February 12, 2012

Jose Canseco Joins Mexican League Team


It seems like just yesterday (surprise...it's been 16 months!) that Jose Canseco hit the Twitters and proclaimed that "Eastbound and Down" was based on him.

Well, what he said was "Easr bound and out"...but we all know what he thinks he meant.

That said, in a case of life imitating art or art imitating Canseco or whatever...the former MVP has agreed to a deal with the Quintana Roo Tigers of the Mexican League.

“I am thrilled to be back in affiliated professional baseball,” the 47-year-old slugger said in a quote I swiped from Larry Brown Sports. “Playing and managing for the independent league Yuma Scorpions last year really rekindled my love for the game and facing the veteran players in that league made me realize that I can still hit at the major league level. I am grateful that Cancun has given me this opportunity and I hope to help them to a championship season and demonstrate that I can help a big league team.”

Canseco reports Monday for spring training.  Next stop...the Myrtle Beach Mermen!

You know, exactly like Kenny Powers.

Now I don't know about you, but I get dizzy every time I confuse Canseco and Powers since the similarities are endless.

Here's the facts...one is a washed up, self absorbed, name dropping joke of a former baseball player who, because of his involvement with steroids and what not has found himself banned from the Majors, evicted from his home and threatening to beat up anyone who looks at him the wrong way.

The other is a fictional character that can be watched on pay cable beginning next Sunday.


2 comments:

imadushbag said...

how dare he bring kenny down. kenny is based on every ex-jock and their false belief that the world owes them.

Craig Turley said...

Any Kenny Powers reference is a good one.

You're welcome.