May 30, 2012

John Rocker is Anti-Obama

Why is John Rocker still allowed to talk?

I tend to ask myself that every time dude shows his face and does another interview.  And, yes, as you would suspect…the former fireballer is still bringing the heat.  Zing!

I know, I know…cliché.  But, really, you’d have thought that, by now, Rocker would have realized that once Jeff Pearlman outed him as a bigot in that notorious Sports Illustrated piece thirteen years ago…he might want to keep his trap shut.

Nope.  Now he’s got a book to sell and he’s back to pushing political hot buttons like it’s 1999.

That said, it should probably come as no surprise that the one-time Atlanta Brave won't be supporting Barack Obama in the upcoming election.

"I’ll be voting against President Obama this year," Rocker recently told WND.com. "I won’t necessarily be voting for the Republican candidate as much as I will be voting against Obama."

But who the former reliever would throw (get it?) his vote behind might surprise you.

"I have always been a big fan of Newt Gingrich. He is one of the most brilliant people I have ever listened to. Unfortunately things didn’t work out for him," Rocker continued.  "It seems that Governor Romney will be getting my vote, although be it somewhat by default. I would vote for the devil himself over Barack Obama which would actually be tough though as he seems to already be a supporter."

If you’d like to check out what else Rocker had to say about Obama, immigration or the Trayvon Martin situation (the ladder is actually kind of interesting)…definitely head on over and read the interview.

Oh, and to answer the question "why is John Rocker still allowed to talk"...it's because, for some reason, we're still listening.

1 comment:

Clay said...

"I'll be voting against President Obama this year" -- John Rocker.

Best endorsement ever for Obama.

http://www.sportsmogul.com