January 31, 2013

Former Slugger's Wife on Cooking Show

A year ago, former big leaguer Matt Williams' wife was part of the inaugural cast of VH1's "Baseball Wives".

This year, the five-time All-Star is again watching from the sidelines as Erika Monroe-Williams is busy showing off her skills in the kitchen as a contestant on ABC's "The Taste".

And in case you were wondering, this isn't Monroe-Williams' first foray into the kitchen.

The former news anchor has hosted countless cooking segments, has her own cooking website and is in the process of writing a cookbook.

"My husband always jokes that I create fabulous dinners, but not before a pot has over-boiled or something has burned along the way," Monroe-Williams said. "I think it’s important for people to know that it’s normal to make mistakes in the kitchen and not be deterred by it! I try not to take myself too seriously in the kitchen. I try to make it fun."

But back to "The Taste".

Monroe-Williams prepared a lime and coriander crusted tuna with coconut, lemongrass cream sauce for the judges.  Three of the judges, while the enjoyed the dish, passed.  Thr fourth, Nigella Lawson, welcomed the slugger's wife to her team.

I'm willing to guess that Lawson's kitchen will have far less drama than what went down week to week on "Baseball Wives".
 

No comments: